SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: IT Officer (Jnr)
Reporting to: IT Manager
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Advert Date: 01st November 2023
Purpose of the job
The IT Officer (Jnr) will be primarily responsible for supporting the IT Manager to facilitate the IT function in building and maintaining an updated and efficient IT environment at SANAC to optimize the role of technology on business sustainability. The IT officer (Jnr) should possess extensive knowledge to ensure that all users receive efficient and effective technical support whilst managing all risks associated with ICT service support at SANAC.
Key Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
New User Account and Machine setup and Support
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of computer systems and networks aiming for the highest functionality.
- Support and train users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
- Support users on a day-to day basis on applications, networks, operating systems etc.
- Create new user accounts.
- Set up new user machine.
- Install all standard and additionally requested software for new user/s and update new user form.
- Issue user with user machine and test all connectivity, accessibility to apps and printing.
- Take the user through what is available for them to use on the machine and how to access.
- Obtain user sign off and feedback on what user has received.
- Promptly attend and resolve user software, hardware and network problems.
- Promptly attend and resolve user printing and VPN problems.
- Provide high level how-to to users, e.g. logging to systems, printing
- Daily check printer connectivity and usability.
- Assist users with MACD as and when requested.
- Follow up and checking on users after resolving problems.
- Always check AV, AnyDesk when supporting users
Decommissioning of User machines (desktop/laptops)
- Receive user machine and update the register.
- Clean the machine to free up licenses and update register.
- Safely store machine in the IT safe storage
- Complete asset transfer forms and return asset forms.
Email administration and Office 365 Exchange Online functionality
- Maintain availability of office 365 licenses
- Make sure all newly created mailboxes have Archive enabled.
- Make sure correct email signature is in place.
- Ensure to enable OneDrive.
- Check if the AD Sync connect is refreshing every 30 min
Cloud Services support
- Finance, HR, and other systems updates as and when required.
Network & Server Administration
- Create and manage all AD accounts for users.
- Support network connectivity and communication with local and remote users
- Run daily check servers’ connectivity and space availability
- Monitor and Increase server space or create new server should there be space concerns.
- Plan and communicate for the decommissioning of the old and deploying the new server/s
- Test, configure, maintain and provide support for all network components: Wi-Fi, Lan cables, routers, switches.
Security Firewall support
- Through the FortiGate firewall:
- Weekly check bandwidth utilization on the WAN port
- Regularly test connectivity to both Wi-Fi – Guest and Corporate
- Test internet connection speed
- Ensure to block all insecure sites, these are sites without https.
- Ensure to block newly identified sites that are not work related and are suspected to be adult or gambling sites including Netflix, Showmax etc.
Through the Anti-Virus portal
- Weekly checking all anti-virus available updates.
- Weekly allow and maintain available updates on all systems and devices
- Install and maintain anti-virus on devices that don’t have anti-virus installed.
- Resolve devices with anti-virus errors and critical vulnerability status on them
- Ensure weekly anti-virus report has a reduced number of errors and critical vulnerability statuses.
- Immediately assess and block all email addresses that are forwarded by users as suspicious email addresses.
- Maintain availability of AV licenses and escalate to IT manager should there be a requirement to increase licenses.
Telephony Systems and Video Conferencing Facilities
- Provide support for the boardroom conferencing solution.
- Set it up for attendants and show how it works.
- Test voice and video quality
- Test screen sharing or presentation to projectors.
Take part In IT Related Projects
- Take part in IT related projects as guided by IT Manager.
- Provide necessary support as and when required in the projects:
- Network upgrade, Firewall upgrade, AV, and many planned Projects
Continuously Research and troubleshooting
- Research new solution to newly identified IT related problems and trends:
- Microsoft, Firewall, Anti-virus, Network, Switches, VM, digitization and automation
- Perform other duties as required
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A Degree or N. Diploma in information technology / computer science/ or equivalent qualifications
- The following IT certificates will be added advantage
- Microsoft certification (MCSE, MCSA, MCP)
- Microsoft 365 certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- CompTIA Network+
- 3 -5 years’ IT work experience
- Experience and knowledge with the following solutions are preferred:
Anti-virus; FortiGate, Office 365
- ICT Devices and Peripheral Installation, Maintenance and Support
- ICT LAN Connection Troubleshooting and Support
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 8th November 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.