SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to thenational HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: IT Manager
Reporting to: Chief Finance Officer
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Advert Date: 14 December 2022
Purpose of the job
To Coordinate, plan, and lead all computer-related activities for SANAC Trust. Design, review and implement IT policies for SANAC Trust. Define and determine the IT needs for the organisation, this includes both hardware and software. Review and develop IT security policies to protect the organizations information and ensure that the organisation is protected from cyber-attacks. Ensure that all SANAC staff members are getting all the IT support they need to do their day to day work. Ensure the maximum uptime of all SANACs online tools, systems and platforms. Always be a step ahead with solutions to better the organizations day to day operations by using latest technologies.
- Operate computer hardware Infrastructure
- Ensure maximum up-time- System available
- Ensure accurate and early response- System response
- Ensure approved configuration are in place- Equipment are in place
- Give operational support- User contact
- Supply system management information – Management reports
- Provide system commissioning and implementation support- According to schedule
- Operations monitor and report – Monthly operational report
- Do design, tuning and integration – Design, tuning and integration done.
- Do network management – Plan and schedule network operation
- Provide hardware and software support – According to best practice
- Ensure conformance to quality standards – Conformance certificate
- Plan, implement, co-ordinate, maintain and rationalize network software
and hardware as well as changes – Operational plan and schedule
- Liaise with service organisations
- Reduce operational cost – Cost reduction suggestion report.
- Do IT security management
- Develop emergency, recovery and contingency plan – Emergency, recovery and contingency plans
- Manage server uptime and Perform data on and offsite backups – Data backup
- Monitor IT users – User Register
- Ensure virus infection on IT site is minimized – Virus control packages installed
- Prevent the use of ” pirate ” software – No “pirate” software
- Administer encryption – Encryption Register
- Ensure IT site security – Adhere to standards
- Compile annual security report – Annual security report
- Maintain records and statistics
- Monitor availability of IT equipment and related equipment – Records and statistics
- Monitor problem solving – Problem solving progress register
- Keep record and statistics with regard to operational information, network infrastructure, user location, network hardware, software, data media, data, violations, etc. – Records and statistics.
- Administer IT site infrastructure
- Maintain IT site plan – Site IT Plan
- Ensure that the quality of hardware installations complies with standards – Standards applied
- Initiate plans to improve the quality of hardware installations where there are problems
- Site enhancement Plan
- Identify hardware and software upgrade requirements – Site upgrading Plan
- Provide management and status reports – Unique/standard Reports
- Pro-active identification of potential IT problem areas – Problem Report
- Ensure availability of computer and computer related equipment are within defined parameters – Availability Schedule
- Ensure that new system requirements can be adhered to – Site commissioning Plan
- Provide information necessary for capacity planning and analysis – Statistics
- Plan deployment of software and users on file savers and work stations – Deployment Plan
- Expedite approved site strategy – Deployment Plan
- Determine hardware and software corrective action and support necessary to rectify problems – Corrective Procedure.
- Liaise with users with regards to all data communication matters
- Participate in system commissioning including testing and acceptance – Test report
- Assist users with office automatisation and other pre-defined software – Recommendation report
- Determine user training requirements – IT site training requirements
- Advise user with regard to training requirements – Training plan
- Organise or present seminars, work sessions and advanced workshops on relevant IT aspects – Work sessions
- Do post training evaluation – Evaluation report
- Provide IT business advice – Site business report
- Provide technical consultation and advice – Site Technical report.
- Provide feedback and reports
- Reporting of problems to customer service center and monitoring of corrective actions – Problem and monitoring activities logged.
- Provide regular feedback/reports to users with regard to problem solving, quality of data, customer needs, network planning, environmental problems and resources – Site IT operational Report.
- Administer help desk/problem handling system
- Manage the help desk – Availability of help desk
- Register network problems – Maintain Problem Register
- Do first line fault correction – Corrected faults
- Refer second and third line problems to correct person – Problems referred to correct person.
- Establish problem-solving procedure – Procedures.
- Do configuration management
- Implement configuration management model – Configuration management applied
- Submit configuration amendment reports – Configuration amendment Report
- Manage the warranties of all hardware and software distributed to IT site – Warranty Register
- Control licences – Licence Register
- Integrate configuration data – Integration report
- Accumulate and expand knowledge
- Formal training – Qualification certificate
- Informal training – Attendance certificate
- Self-training – Knowledge of subject
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science
- Professional certification
- Five or more years of extensive IT work experience
- Experience with the following systems are preferred: SAGE, Cloud Computing, Office 365 etc.
- Excellent knowledge of information technology general controls, data and cyber security, computer hardware/software systems, and SAGE
- Direct experience with and managing ERP systems
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or managing IT projects, Data management and analytics
- Understanding and experience with managing data network and telecommunications systems
- Good understanding of software development and programming
- Understanding and experience with managing IT infrastructure including systems, personal computing, help desk, servers, and printers
- Ability to effectively communicate technology, infrastructure and process needs and requirements with all personnel levels; oral and written communication
Applications letters with a detailed CV should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 4th January 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.