SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : TB Coordinator (Re-advertised)
Reporting to : Executive Manager: NSP Implementation
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration : Fixed Term Contract
Advert Date : 16 January 2023
Purpose of the job
To coordinate the TB programme implementation in support of the SANAC Sub-Recipient (SANAC SR) programme implementation and the National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STI’s. This will include the coordination and implementation of the Global Fund (GF) TB initiatives, support for TB multi-sectoral platforms and activities at all levels. The incumbent will also coordinate, develop, strengthen and monitor the implementation of TB programme and related initiatives in support of finding missing people with TB and support the implementation of TB recovery plan in collaboration with other relevant stakeholders.
Implementation of the GF funded TB activities and TB multisectoral coordination support:
- Support the development and review of the TB programme work plans and other programme documents including for effective programme implementation.
- Undertake regular site visits to ensure and support the implementation of activities according to the approved workplans.
- Ensure timeous submission of reports on TB programmes implementation to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Support the provinces with launch and monitoring of the TB caucus activities.
- Lead and support the provinces with the development and implementation of TB caucus workplans.
- Lead TB related capacity building initiatives targeting members of parliament and Civil Society members.
- Support the development of TB communication materials.
- Support the implementation of a multi-sectoral accountability framework on TB.
- Lead and Support the AIDS councils with the coordination of the TB programme.
- Coordinate and support TB ambassadors with the implementation of their workplans.
- Performing any other duties as will be allocated by SANAC management.
- Monitor, document and report on the TB programme implementation best practices and lesson learnt.
- Work closely with SANAC M&E Team, Technical Leads, GF Principal Recipients (PR’s) and other relevant stakeholders to disseminate research results/outputs to inform decision making and programming.
- Participate in GF platforms and SANAC Sub-recipient deep dive analysis meetings to assess the quality of services and standard of care for KP’s.
- Support the SANAC SR and GF in the achievement of high-quality results in accordance with the targets.
- Support SANAC units and GF PR’s to capture, prepare and update TB program performance data on a regular basis.
- Support the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual activity reports.
- Support the production of regular bulletins on pertinent issues affecting the TB initiatives in the GF grant.
- Support monitoring of good financial record keeping and deliver targets within budgets particularly the TB caucus activities.
- Support the process of producing reports to stakeholders and reporting to SANAC on TB initiatives.
Advocacy and Human Rights:
- Support the coordination of advocacy work with key population groups for universal access to TB and HIV leveraging of GF and other donor funding to overcome structural barriers.
Value for Money:
- Support key TB prevention and treatment programmes to achieve value for money by being efficient and economical.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Health/Social Science (including public health, nursing, allied health, social work) or a relevant qualification required with current registration).
- Minimum 5-8 years experience working TB in South Africa and/or the region.
- Programmatic knowledge and experience in TB, TB/HIV, DR TB and TB prevention programs including planning, designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluation as well as reporting.
- Experience in coordinating stakeholders, working with Government departments, Development Partners, Donors, Civil Society Organizations, as well as Private sector.
- In depth understanding of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs.
- Knowledge of the South African public health sector broadly around areas of HIV, STI, and TB prevention, care and treatment.
- Familiarity with government structures, processes and key networks.
- An understanding of government and legislative structures and their respective functions.
- Ability to engage with members of parliament at national, provincial and district levels.
- Good interpersonal skills and knowledge of key vulnerabilities faced by people with TB.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to review and analyze programme data for decision making.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to treat stakeholders with respect and professionalism
- Proactive, team player and willing to learn.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Computer literate, proficiency in Microsoft packages (MS Office, Outlook).
- Fluency in at least one South African language besides English.
- Driver’s license and ability to travel extensively.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 27th January 2023, Close of Business at 16:30
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.