The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore, recruiting for a Procurement Officer to be based in Pretoria.
POSITION: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
DURATION: 12 Months contract
- Develop, implement and maintain SANAC procurement system, policies and procedures and ensure adherence by all staff
- Remain updated with procurement best practice and implement / update
- Advise staff on policies and procedures to ensure understanding and compliance
- Procure goods and services for the organisation within budget and procedure, at competitive rates, quality and terms
- Receive requests from staff and ensure that it is approved and within budget
- Source quotations from suppliers, ensuring that they comply with the quality requirements and procurement policy of SANAC Trust
- Prepare Comparative Bid Analysis and make recommendations to purchase
- Obtain authorisation for purchases and generate purchase orders
- Communicate with suppliers to place orders
- Make follow ups on all deliveries and liaise with end users on the progress of their requests
- Receive goods, ensure appropriate inspection certificates are available, and ensure that end users receive them in good order
- Establish and maintain good working relations with suppliers and other stakeholders
- Administer all travel request forms for SANAC employees and source quotes
- Keep records of all procurement to maintain a full audit trail standard
- Provide regular narrative and financial management reports for items being procured, tenders, contracts and assets
- Establish and maintain accurate supplier database Excel database for SANAC
- Capture Supplier Applications on the database
- Verify that suppliers are relevant to SANAC’s requirements, and are price competitive
- Comply with the rotation of suppliers
- Identify and maintain accurate supplier information for regularly purchased items
- Capture information pertaining to the quality of all deliveries
- Prepare tenders and follow the recognised tender process for NGO’s and Governmental organisations
- Prepare adverts for and advertise tenders in appropriate media
- Prepare tender documents and ensure that they are in line with requirements
- Receive and capture tender documents from potential suppliers and evaluate against criteria
- Make recommendations to the Bid Adjudication Committee as a member of the Bid Evaluation Committee
- Communicate the outcomes of the tender process with suppliers
- Ensure that contract conditions are met by suppliers and that the successful bidder performs according to contract provisions
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, or equivalent.
- A post graduate qualification will be advantageous.
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in a supply chain including writing contracts & contractual systems, tender documents, and supply chain reports, providing technical and project management support and organisational capacity building to other staff.
- Understanding of contractual law in South Africa.
- Advanced skills in computer – Windows, spread sheets, accounting package (Pastel), word processing and procurement systems.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures and communities.
- Have negotiation skills
- Have great communication, writing and reporting skills.
- Be fluent in, at least, one South African language.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven.
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
This is a twelve months performance-based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV,ID and certificates to email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 24 July 2015
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and /or SAPS(in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.