The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore, recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to provide overall Technical Assistance in monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions of SANAC in Provincial AIDS Councils (PACs) and to strengthen strategic information for the National Strategic Plan (NSP)/Provincial Strategic Plan (PSP) on HIV, STI, and TB. The position exists within the M&E unit and it is based in Pretoria.
POSITION: SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
DURATION: 3-year contract
- Provide Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers with ongoing technical assistance to strengthen their skills, systems and tools for data collection, data validation, data analysis, data use, and reporting; this can include designing and facilitating trainings, providing mentoring, and conducting site visits on a regular and as-needed basis.
- Identify, develop and conduct M & E capacity building programme to Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers to enhance understanding and use of effective M & E tools and systems
- Contribute to the design and implementation of M&E Plans with NSP/PSP indicators and targets for PACs activities in general.
- Work with Provincial AIDS Council M & E Officers to design MER-related capacity building plans, and to monitor progress made towards the plans.
- Strengthen performance and manage the monitoring and evaluation systems of PACs: data collection tools and reporting mechanisms to address the requirements of the monitoring and evaluation plan.
- Design and conduct program evaluations and contribute towards research and epidemiological studies/information in the life cycle of the NSP/PSP.
- Participate in the development of research agenda of PSP and Provincial responsibilities.
- Participate in key activities related to M & E at National Level
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A post graduate degree in public health or related field, behavioural or social science, or equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ experience working in HIV/AIDS, of which 3 years were on developing and managing M & E systems.
- Experience in training and capacity building.
- Familiarity with the South African Government’s National Strategic Plan for HIV/AIDS is highly preferred.
- Ability to travel within South Africa at approximately 75% time.
- Deadline orientated
- Customer orientated
- Computer literate (MS Office, Outlook)
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to treat stakeholders with respect and professionalism
- Good telephone etiquette
- Be fluent in at least one South African language besides English
- Good planning and organising skills
- Team player
- Willing to learn
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven.
- Have good planning and organisational skills.
This is a three year performance-based contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV to M&E@sanac.org.za.
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 12 July 2015
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and /or SAPS(in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.