SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to thenational HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position: Project Coordinator: C19 Response Mechanism Implementation
Reporting to: Programme Manager: Global Fund Grant Implementation
Location: SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Duration: Fixed Term Contract
Advert Date: 8 September 2022
Purpose of the job
To provide leadership, guidance, and management of the SANAC Global Fund (GF) Principal Recipients (PRs) and Sub-recipient (SR) led programmes funded by the GF. This includes the development and monitoring of workplans to ensure successful implementation of programmes. The incumbent will also engage and work with other stakeholders to identify, link and maintain key relationships that will strengthen and enable the SANAC SR to attain all programmes implementation goals under the GF Covid-19 Response Mechanism (C19RM) funding
- Programme Operations
- Provide programmatic leadership and coordination of the C19RM programmes and
- Work closely with the Technical Leads and Unit Managers to develop implementation plans and catch-up plans or all C19RM activities implemented under the SANAC SR and those implemented through the GF PRs
- Develop and manage quality assurance and improvement processes / procedures and monitor the application thereof.
- Lead procurement and contracting processes and ensure timely execution of the C19RM activities to enable the continuity of programme implementation.
- Identify opportunities to assist and support implementation of key activities through routine programme assessments including on-site visits as part of ensuring quality improvement
- Financial Management
- Work closely with the SANAC Finance management team to support financial management, budgeting and procurement of necessary goods and services.
- Review forecasts and performance against budget and programme operational targets and
- Oversee monthly and quarterly assessments and submission of reports to multiple
- Ensure that the resources and systems for effective grant implementation and monitoring are in place.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Work with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer to develop Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) tools to improve the implementation of the C19RM projects.
- Review and analyse the programmatic performance against indicators to identify strengths and weaknesses and implement operational strategies, systems, and processes to enhance implementation efficiencies.
- Document key lessons learnt, best practices and promote information exchange between the different modules.
- Stakeholder management:
- Develop and maintain open and professional relationships with key stakeholders, including funders, civil society sector and government agencies.
- Maintain close collaboration with other partners (In-country and globally), Technical partners, Community based organisations (CBOs), and private health sector stakeholders to leverage opportunities for collaboration, avoidance of duplication and ensuring of programmatic alignment.
- Promote collaboration across other GF PRs and SRs
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Public Health, Public Administration, Social Science or other
- A Postgraduate Degree will be an
- Advanced knowledge of the HIV and TB epidemics in South Africa and the country’s response, with a particular focus on key and vulnerable populations.
- Knowledge of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria and its processes, rules, and
- Experience in HIV, STI and TB programme design, implementation, co-ordination, budget and expenditure tracking, and monitoring and evaluation, with at least 2 years of which would have been in a position focusing on provincial, national, or international level.
- At least 5 years’ experience in successfully managing health
- Experience in stakeholder management, networking, and organization of policy level meetings, preferably in the health sector.
- Fluency in in English, both written and verbal
- High level of Computer literacy (MS Office, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and management
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: 17 September 2022 at 16H00 – Close of Business
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to assessment(s) (if applicable) and personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification, and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.