Provincial Technical Officer: AGYW
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Provincial Technical Officer: Adolescent Girls and Young Women for our organization. The position is based in Gauteng – Johannesburg.
Name of Position : Provincial Technical Officer: AGYW
Reporting to : Technical Lead: Adolescent Girls and Young Women
Location : Johannesburg
Job level : D1
Duration : 1 year (Renewable, depending on donor funding)
Advert Date : 22 May 2020
Purpose of the job
Engagement with multiple stakeholders. Developing and maintaining relationships, maximising meeting attendance for the purpose of ongoing technical advisory and coordinating the effective implementation of AGYW campaign in the provinces.
- Facilitating and convening provincial and district Technical Working Groups related to AGYW work
- Participating in meetings related to AGYW at National, Provincial, District and Ward levels to ensure that AGYW programmes are optimised in government, the NGO sector and civil society at the provincial level
- Developing and maintaining high quality programme documents, work plans, training reports, etc. for the provincial response to AGYW
- Contributing to thought leadership at provincial think tanks and participating in provincial, district and local AIDS forums
- Working with PEPFAR, Global Fund and Other partners to coordinate capacity building, technical assistance and other support for AGYW implementing partners to align with the NSP and PIPs
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to implementing partners and programme staff in the Provincial AIDS Council Secretariat with regards to AGYW programmes
- Documenting challenges, best practices and success stories in the implementation of AGYW programmes in the province
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual narrative progress reports on AGYW in the province
- Participating in community outreach and education activities in the province and document and brief officials and political heads in the office of the Premier
- Providing programme management support to the Office of the Provincial AIDS Council Secretariat and the SANAC Trust in the area of HIV prevention programme, especially for adolescent girls and young women.
- Building and sustaining collaborative relationships with diverse prevention stakeholders in the province, including local and international NGOs, government departments, academic institutions, private sector and donors
- Facilitating the exchange of prevention information strategies in the Provincial Councils on AIDS in order to enhance and sustain capacity in HIV programmes and services
- Supporting the provincial youth sector to develop an implementation and advocacy plan to support the AGYW policies and programmes in the province.
- Representing the SANAC Trust and the Provincial AIDS Council Secretariat at scientific and technical meetings on HIV prevention, especially AGYW, in South Africa upon request
- Ensuring seamless multi-directional flow of information between the SANAC Trust structures and PCA in relation to HIV prevention
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Post-Graduate Degree or its International Equivalent – Health, Public Health, Human Development, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field
- 5-10 years of programme management, data collection and technical assistance experience
- Five to seven years of prior work experience in a non-governmental organisation (NGO), government agency, or private company
- Staff supervision and management experience in implementing partner programmes
- Understand the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs (2017-2022)
- Proven ability to communicate and interact with high level officials from government agencies, NGOs, international development partners and private sector
- High level proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
- Possess a strong understanding of evidence-based interventions with adolescent girls and young women
- Knowledge of HIV prevention, Sexual Reproductive Health and Gender Mainstreaming into HIV and AIDS programming.
- High degree of resilience to accommodate rapidly changing expectations, plans and deliverables
- Analytical, oral and written communication sills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Possess a valid South African Driver’s License
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 12 June 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.