SANAC CAREER OPPORTUNITY
The South African National Aids Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response.
Name of Position : Senior Finance Manager
Reporting to : Chief Financial Officer
Location : SANAC Head Office, Pretoria
Grading : D4
Advert Date : 4 November 2021
Purpose of the job
Responsible for running an effective finance operation at SANAC Trust through efficient coordination of all finance operational activities and the management of the accounting and reporting function. Responsible to work closely with Procurement and Contracts Management units to support and coordinate activities to ensure accounts are closed off monthly and reporting done timeously.
- Ensure Finance team adheres to pre-set financial deadlines for processing and reporting.
- Track and monitor sub-ledgers and general ledgers for all branches and subsidiaries to ensure that they are up to date and will meet month end deadlines.
- Track and monitor financial activities to ensure month end closure of all accounts.
- Review the trial balance as well as all reconciliations of all general ledger control accounts to ensure data integrity and accuracy for reporting purposes.
- Ensure month-end files are complete, reviewed and that all general ledger reconciliations and support schedules are followed up timeously for submission to the Line Manager.
- Provide input in policy formulation to streamline financial procedures.
- Ensure approved budgets are loaded onto the SAGE platform for all SANAC Trust grants.
- Ensure budgets are loaded onto SAGE and changes and amended are tracked on the budget.
- Maintain, review and propose new changes to general ledger chart of accounts.
- Monitor and check the over spend on budgets in Pastel and alert the Unit Managers where there is an over spend.
- Responsible person for the finance operations risk register, in order to identify the risks and mitigate and update the risk register and provide solutions.
- Coordinate cashbooks, fixed assets, journals and balance sheet reconciliations, inter-grant reconciliation for monthly management report files.
- Review policies and procedures for the finance department and recommend necessary changes to the CFO.
- Ensure implementation of finance policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the necessary delegations of authority are adhered to for bank transactions as well as expenditure authorisations.
- Ensure the capturing of the monthly payroll journal and level of efforts are captured in the system, reviewed and posted prior to closure of the month.
- Review payroll recons for SANAC Trust and review the month-to-month total balances to identify any anomalies.
- Support the year-end processes during financial year end.
- Manage the daily exchange rates by ensuring daily update of exchange rates on the system and accurate conversion into different currencies.
- Review funds accountability statements for accounting and for sub -recipient expenditure and establish cash-on-hand.
- Review physical verification report prior to approval and signoff.
- Support CFO with the audit process for both statutory and donor audits and ensure that supporting documents and schedules are readily available.
- Ensure sample requests for audit verifications are submitted to auditors within the agreed time frames.
- Ensure audit recommendations received from the Internal and External Audit are implemented.
- Support and advise Units with audit challenges and queries.
- Prepare and coordinate submission of quarterly and annual CORE reports to DSD and NDOH.
- Ensuring financial statements are fully reconciled and have supporting schedules for the purposes of reporting.
- Review and assist CFO with financial reports for consolidation to EXCO, Audit Com, Board and internal stakeholders.
- Assist the review process of all internal and external reports produced within the Finance Department.
People Management and Development:
- Implement a performance management system within the department which aligns to the SANAC Trust performance management policy to meet departmental objectives.
- Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
- Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
- Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for the Finance Team.
- Ensure that the Finance Department is adequately resourced and all employees within the department receive the necessary training and upskilling as well as resources needed to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Build a productive team through effective leadership.
- Continuously develop, support, mentor and train all employees within the business unit.
- Provide training and support to financial and non-financial staff regarding generally accepted financial procedures and internal controls.
- Facilitate career guidance conversations with subordinates.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- B Comm Accounting Sciences (Hons and CTA) or equivalent, and
- Must have completed SAICA articles, and
- Must be an active member of a professional body such as SAICA, SAIPA, ACCA or SAIBA,
- Chartered Accountants (SA) will be preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a financial management role
- Minimum of 5 years managing a finance team
- A total of 10 years minimum working experience is mandatory
- Experience working within a donor funded environment will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting practices, financial reporting standards (IFRS Standards), financial management processes and procedures
- Experience in costing, budgeting and financial reporting requirements on multimillion-rand funded projects
- Experience in Accounting Software Packages
- Involvement dealing with SARS, auditors and professional accountants
- Establishing new controls in a growing organization
- Analytical Thinking & Problem Analysis.
- Decision Making.
- Planning & Organising Building Effective Teams.
- Quality Orientation (Attention to Detail).
- Excellent Communication skills
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business: 24 November 2021 (17:00)
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
SANAC gives preference to South African candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organization. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
SANAC reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.