Technical TB Advisor
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Technical TB Advisor for our organization. The incumbent will provide administrative support to the SANAC Trust Global Fund Unit. The position exists is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Technical TB Advisor
Reporting to : Technical Support Unit Lead
Location : Pretoria
Job level : D4
Duration : 2 Years 6 Months contract
Advert Date : 13 August 2019
Purpose of the job
The Technical Advisor – TB will be the technical lead on TB for SANAC Technical Support Unit (TSU), Strategic Information (SI) unit, Global Fund Principal Recipients (PRs) and Country Coordinating Mechanism (CCM) and Oversight Committee.
This position will provide overall strategic direction in the implementation of the finding missing TB patients project, in collaboration with all the major stakeholders
- To provide overall strategic leadership on the implementation of the missing TB patients initiatives, in collaboration with all the major stakeholders;
- To provide strategic guidance for innovative technical strategies for improving identification of missing TB cases;
- To provide leadership direction and coordinate provincial and district departments of health and TB Stakeholders on the finding missing TB patients project to identify the technical assistance required to achieve the expected outputs of the contract;
- To lead and coordinate all training and technical needs assessments and identify suitable opportunities to support components of TB initiatives in the country;
- To ensure that the SANAC Trust M&E unit captures, prepares and updates TB performance data on a regular basis;
- To prepare monthly, quarterly and annual project activity reports;
- To act as the technical lead between the SANAC Trust and all TB programme stakeholders in South Africa;
- To lead the implementation of the Global Fund supported TB initiatives nationally;
- Be sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas; and
- Articulate, professional and have the ability to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
- Monitor and ensure good financial record keeping and deliver targets within budget;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Medical Degree and Current registration with HPCSA
- MPH would be an advantage
- At least 7-10 years of experience, preferably in South Africa, in TB policy and programme implementation technical skills;
- Holds a strong record of leading similar initiatives with the Department of Health in South Africa and/or other stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the HIV and TB stakeholders in the country and be well-connected with influential role players in those sectors;
- Knowledge of HIV and TB and the social determinants of disease including gender and human rights related issues;
- Knowledge and experience in the facilitation of training and mentoring in organisational development content areas;
- Strong, proven social mobilisation and advocacy skills;
- Project management skills;
- Report writing and presentation skills;
- Computer literacy with high proficiency in MS Word and MS Excel;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Initiative and working ability to work independently
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of other local languages would be an advantage;
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity, understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Flexibility to work beyond regular normal business hours
- Ability to travel upon request
- Valid Code B Drivers’ license.
Applications should be emailed to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: Close of Business, 27 August 2019
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.