The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV and AIDS, TB & STIs epidemics. SANAC is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore, recruiting for An Executive Manager within the National Strategic Plan (NSP) Implementation unit, who will report to the Chief Executive Officer.The position will be based at our Pretoria office.
POSITION: Executive Manager-NSP Implementation
DURATION: 3-year contract
- Provide executive leadership for the NSP Implementation Unit and review its structure, function and remit in the future so that it leads the work of the Secretariat in supporting the implementation of the National Strategic Plan for HIV, TB and STIs.
- Conduct a comprehensive review and management of the NSP unit within the secretariat.
- Coordination of the Implementation of NSP programmes across the various strategic partners (Government, civil society, etc)
- Lead the current projects and staff of the NSP Unit including :
- National campaigns and programmes in all four NSP strategic objectives
- Support to government departments
- Review of critical NSP programmes
- Coordinating programmes for key populations
- Addressing stigma
- Comprehensive Review report of programmes for Sex workers, MSM, IDU, Prisoners and Migrant workers
- Stakeholder mapping. SANAC structures and functioning report I place.
- Guidelines, Norms and Standards for the provincial, district and local AIDS councils in place.
- Develop and implement a Strategy for the Capacity Building of AIDS councils in place.
- Progress Report on the AIDS council capacity building program
- Develop a strategy for Social behaviour change communication in place and prepare proposals for a national behaviour change communication programme together with stakeholders.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan for prevention
- Review the remit of the NSP Implementation Unit as well as its scope and budget and its linkages into the other units within SANAC.
- Analyse the results of the review report and identify gaps and opportunities.
- Review and analysis of priority programs (Young women and girls, Prevention and Disability).
- Develop a structure for the coordination of the NSP within government departments.
- Develop a turnaround strategy for NSP coordination and Implementation.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A Master’s degree or equivalent in a health public health related or social development field
- At least fifteen years’ experiencein a senior management position within a government/ Civil Society environment of which at least five must be at an executive management level;
- An excellent understanding of the NSP, the HIV and TB epidemic in the country and locally as well as experiences in coordinating complex stakeholder groups are required.
- An understanding of the South African government operations and NGO environment will be an added advantage.
- Experience in working with CSOs, community organisations, as well as government
- Detailed orientated, strong secretarial, proofreading, formatting and editing skills Have excellent communication and writing skills
- Be fluent in at least two South African languages
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Show initiative and be deadline-driven
- Have good organisational skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
This is a three year performance-based contract, offering a market related salary.
Should you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, along with a covering letter, ID and Qualifications to NSP@sanac.org.za. The subject line should read Executive Manager-NSP. Any applications which use a different subject line will be disregarded.
PLEASE NOTE FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
Closing date: 28 August 2015
SANAC gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirements and who will add to the cultural and gender diversity of the organisation. By applying for this position, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that SANAC may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered institution and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust, honesty and /or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicants educational qualifications and employment history.
SANAC reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.