Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus
The South African National AIDS Council Trust (the SANAC Trust) leads South Africa’s response to the national HIV, TB & STIs epidemics. The Trust is building a dynamic team that can facilitate its effective leadership of the national response. We are, therefore recruiting a Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus for our organization. The position is based in Hatfield, Pretoria.
Name of Position : Programme Assistant: SA TB Caucus
Reporting to : Technical Lead: HIV Prevention Services
Location : Pretoria
Job level : C3
Duration : 1 year, 6 months
Advert Date : 11 September 2020
Purpose of the job
Support the NSP Implementation unit in the overall planning, management, monitoring, and quality implementation of the SA TB Caucus project. Manage key administrative processes, focusing on program delivery, monitoring and logistics.
- Provide overall support and project administration to project leadership and management staff to ensure project is implemented efficiently, within scope, and in line with donor-funders and SANAC policies
- Ensure efficiency of the day-to-day implementation and coordination of the project activities, including project administration, travel, logistics support booking conference rooms; ordering catering; preparing materials, etc.
- Assist and coordinate all relevant workshops and conferences where necessary
- Provide other administrative duties in line with the grade of this post, as required
- Ensure the timely submission of all program reports, documents and program publications, as necessary,
- Provide overall support for the development and monitoring of the project’s annual work plans and budgets;
- Support the preparation of sub-contracts, follow up subcontracts’ implementation; collect reports, financial documents and draft due reports for project activities. Support the preparation of draft TOR for consultants when necessary;
- Provide overall support for the management of project M&E activities including the collation of project data for reporting and monitoring, routine analysis and use of data for program planning and continuous quality improvement (CQI)
- Conduct minute taking at all relevant meetings
- Maintain and update the TB Caucus membership data base with the required information
- Assist in the development of information and communication materials (such as leaflets, brochures, promotional items, etc.)
- Assist and coordinate all Technical Task Teams, Technical Working Groups and Program Coordination meetings for the TB advocacy work at SANAC
- Ensuring facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing for the TB Caucus members
- In collaboration with the SANAC Communications Team, ensure timely and updated SA TB Caucus website
- Plan and share reporting requirements with the SA TB Caucus secretariat team and ensure compliance
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- National Diploma in Project Management or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in project coordination
- Previous experience in TB/ HIV /Public Health/ Social Services sector
- Experience and knowledge of the NGO sector / Donor-funded projects
- Knowledge in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and efficiently
- Sound interpersonal skills and must be able to engage and coordinate with different stakeholders, Civil Society and Government departments
- Excellent problem solving skills, analytical capability and quantitative skills Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to organize;
- High level of proficiency in relevant computer applications; Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Willing to travel within the country and work beyond the traditional working hours.
- Valid driver’s license
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the name of the position on the subject line of the email.
Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late or faxed will not be considered.
Closing date: close of business, 3 October 2020
Note that correspondence will only be conducted with the short-listed candidates. If you have not been contacted within two (2) months of the closing date of the advertisement, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The SANAC Trust gives preference to candidates who meet the job requirement and who will add to the culture and gender diversity of the organisation. Suitable candidates will be subjected to psychometric testing, personnel suitability check(s) (citizenship, credit record checks, security clearance, security vetting, qualification verification and employment verification).
The SANAC Trust reserves the right at any time to withdraw or alter this advertised position.